Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Benson Takes His First Steps!

Well, Benson definitely didn't learn to walk over night, but sometimes it feels that way!  These little guys grow so quickly!  He never really grew out of the natural reflex to walk so from about 4 months he has wanted to be on his feet walking with our assistance.  Now out of habit, he has had a hard time letting go of our hands to walk on his own.  Last week we started walking him around holding only one hand.  Then today, when Matt was out of town, Benson and I went to Emily's house to play with Chloe and Easton.  I noticed Benson was more confident standing for longer on his own, mostly as he watched Chloe walking around.  When we got home, Uncle Bryan, my brother (who is staying with us), walked Benson around the yard hanging on to only his shirt sleeves.  Tonight after I got Benson ready for bed, I walked him down the hall holding on to the back of his pajamas (barely), and when I let go he kept walking for about 5 steps on his own!  I can't even describe how excited I was, I screamed with delight!  Then I suddenly felt so sad that Matt wasn't around to see it!  So Bryan filmed a few more attempts for Matt to see when he returned tonight.

I debated showing Matt the video and thought I would just help Benson walk in the morning and have Matt think those were his first steps.  However when Matt got home I couldn't help but show him the video.  Now we can't wait for him to wake up and try it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next!  He is such a joy!


By the way, Benson LOVES to be with Uncle Bryan (you can see it in his eyes in this video) and he lights up whenever he is around - they are becoming great buds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment