Recent Posts

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Camp Kostopulos

Yesterday was friends and family day at Camp Kostopulos.  Matt, Benson and I went to visit Bryan who is working as a group leader there for the summer.  The camp is located a few miles up Emigration Canyon.  During the summer months the camp accommodates handicapped children, youth and adults, who come at week long intervals to experience therapeutic recreational activity and education.  The campers enjoy horse back riding, swimming, ropes courses, a beautiful playground and park,  basketball, canoeing, fishing, and arts and crafts.

We were able to try out the ropes course where BJ was belaying for the day.  Matt went first while I watched Benson, then we switched.  The course is on average 20 ft off the ground, some sections higher than others,  I felt so confident watching Matt from the ground - he made it look so easy!!  But when I arrived at the top I felt like I was going to die!  I haven't done anything exhilarating like that in awhile and forgot how my adrenaline rises when I'm in the air.


We are so excited to have Uncle BJ close to us this Summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment